"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Example of property tax mail we receive daily

From a Butler Tarkington resident since 1982:
"Everyone on my block saw their assessments go from 10 - 16% upwards. I looked up Sally's houses, and one of them had gone from $100k something to $355k..... a huge increase. And I do not suppose that rates are going to be so much lower. If the 1% cap were already in place, I could deal withit - but with it being phased in I fear a huge bill is on its way. I'll be writing Lubbers and Orentlicher again, I guess."

Editor's note: Good luck getting action from either politician, especially Senator Lubbers. Come November please remember the poor performance of our politicians, the INCREASED state budget approval, the INCREASED sales tax, their endless posturing coupled with INACTION, and the arrogance of the politicians we elected to represent the people's interests over their own.

Come November VOTE OUT INCUMBENTS. Instead cast your vote for every independent, Libertarian, Green Party candidate or anyone else running who is not part of the status quo machine. While you are at it, volunteer to work the polls to keep an eye on things. We hear that
Steve Keltner (Senator Lubbers' challenger) is already coordinating volunteers for election day help.

No comments: