"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Friday, September 5, 2008

Oprah fans want Sarah Palin interview

Most people know that Oprah had Barack Obama on her show. The then struggling Obama campaign got a huge boost when Oprah hit the campaign trail and endorsed Obama, just as the rest of the main stream media has done.

The Drudge Report received calls from inside the Oprah studios and leaked the news that Sarah Palin won't be given equal time on the Oprah Winfrey show even though the producers are overwhelmed with requests.

Oprah's refusal to interview Sarah Palin as fans beg, shows just how out-of-touch with the lives of everyday American women Oprah is.

Until today, I considered myself a fan of Oprah Winfrey because she triumphs over fear. She champions the little guy, the handicapped person, the abused, the victorious, and sometimes changed the fortunes overnight of talented people trapped in obscurity.

Perhaps Oprah does not believe Americans are "enlightened" enough to make the best decision for President, and she's afraid to put Palin on the show?

Regardless of the reasons, Oprah is acting out of fear.

And I can't ever remember Oprah being afraid of anything ever. That alone tells me Palin is going to be dynamite in Washington.

And Miss Oprah is going to lose some of her cache.

3 comments:

M Theory said...

UPDATE
OPRAH'S STATEMENT: "The item in today's Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this Presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over."

OPRAH'S STATEMENT TRANSLATED: I don't want anyone to know more about who Sarah Palin is as a person because they will take votes from Obama (and I know what is best for you).

And yes, I'm happy to take the high ratings from Sarah Palin AFTER the election when it will benefit me more than her.

--Melyssa

Anonymous said...

I don't recall Oprah's ever apologizing to the Duke University team falsly accused of racial brutality. Until she gives as prominant a role to her being wrong on that matter I'd think she was just a low brow racist-a conclusion bolstered by this latest pandering.

Anonymous said...

I hope Palin doesn't succumb to Oprahs type show for interviews--should go on only strictly legitimate interviews. This turning politicians into celebrities has demeaned the position and turned the presidency into entertainment and elections into popularity contests.