Senator Lugar has admitted that he sold his home in Indiana and moved to Virginia in 1977. Further, according to press accounts, it appears that he continues to use an Indiana address to vote, hold a driver’s license, register his vehicles, file as a Federal candidate, file his Federal & Indiana taxes, etc. However, what about:
1. Did Lugar violate Federal Election laws when he filed to run for President?
2. Lugar said that he runs the Indiana farm; however, many years ago he hired the Farmers National Company to manage the Lugar Stock Farm. The property tax bills are mailed by the Marion County Treasurer directly to this Nebraska firm.
3. By receiving Lugar Stock Farm and other correspondence at his Indianapolis Senate office for personal use in violation of Senate rules? Without an Indiana residence, what else does the Indiana Senate Staff do for him?
4. Does Lugar meet the US Constitutional requirement to be an "inhabitant" of Indiana?
5. Was Lugar's Indiana driver’s license issued in violation of the Patriot Act?
6. What about Virginia's income tax laws? It’s tax rate is higher than Indiana's.
7. What about Virginia's drivers licensing and vehicle registration regulations?
8. Does Mrs. Charlene get a free pass on everything?