"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HFFT endorses ADAM NELSON for Indiana State Representative District 86

Economics & History Teacher at Warren Central
HFFT endorsed candidate for State Representative District #86


I can't even remember now how many calls I've had asking HFFT to endorse Adam Nelson for State Representative District #86. Now, as it happens, that's an important district to me because it is MY district. It is also one of the districts that, according to Advance Indiana, will likely be a deciding vote as to whether or not I'll get property tax relief any time soon.

I didn't learn much about Adam Nelson until recently because he's been busy teaching school every day rather than campaigning for lobbyist donations to finance fancy flyers to bombard me with constantly like his opponent (who won't return phone calls) has done.



I met Adam Nelson at the polls last weekend while I was doing volunteer work for another candidate. And boy am I impressed! Adam is everything I was told he is: a good citizen, community volunteer, and lifelong resident of the district he wishes to serve.

He teaches history and economics at Warren Central. He is a football coach, volunteers for Habitat for Humanity and Catholic Youth Organization, and has helped many campaigns of some of our favorite legislators like Senator Delph.

Adam assured me that he absolutely will support the property tax caps and told me that he favors property tax repeal for homeowners as a long term solution. Adam is also accessible and will listen to your concerns.

Please take the time to read Adam Nelson's website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're lukewarm on Adam Nelson, ponder this. However flawed you may consider the 1% property tax cap, consider being stuck with our increased sales tax AND the cap NOT being ratified by NOT passing the next Indiana Assembly. That's the prospect you face if you vote for Nelson's Democratic opponent, a big recipient of ISTA dollars.