"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hoosiers For Fair Taxation editor to attend Indiana bloggers conference at IUPUI

PHOTO: Melyssa speaks to the crowd and Richard Essex of Channel 13 outside the City County building in protest of Bart Peterson's 65% county income tax hike


I started the HFFT blog to have a place to document Indiana's property tax crisis. Mainly, I wanted a place where we could link the press surrounding the very first property tax protest on July 4th, 2007. Sean Shepard, an Indiana Fair Tax director, secured the domain name after I started the little blogspot and redirected it for me.

Little did I know a year ago in July 2007, that through this blog, we would sometimes break the news and make the headlines. I had no idea that this blog would help throw Bart Peterson out of office or that we would make any difference at all in our local community.

While I never started out to be a blogger and even tried (unsuccessully) to give the editorship of this blog to other people, it looks like I'm here to stay.

Since I obviously am committed to this project, it is time I get education about blogging so that I can be the best I can be at this job. Who knows I might learn how to generate some money from this project to buy advertising to boost the readership even more.

Hat tip to Ruth Holloday who reported about the Blog Indiana Conference on her blog. I hope to learn more about this new world of blogging, be an influence for positive change in my community, and to make new friends at the conference.


--Melyssa for HFFT

No comments: