"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Friday, July 2, 2010

Becky Williams pens letter to Marion County citizens

I've always liked Becky Williams. I think the lady has a whole lot of moxy and genuine love of The People. She's also a dedicated and unselfish public servant. Please read her letter to us asking for help, and lend her a hand. She deserves the office.
--Melyssa for HFFT


If you are as concerned as I am about the property tax issues affecting the residents of Marion County, I hope you will join me in the fight for change. By the current assessor’s own admission, there are currently 33,000 property tax appeals, many of them going back to the 2006-07 tax years! It is imperative that these appeals are handled in a timely manner! Currently, customer service is practically nonexistent. Each and every property owner rightfully expects to be assessed fairly, accurately, and efficiently, whether it’s their personal, residential or commercial property. This can only happen if the assessor is experienced, knowledgeable and dedicated to the taxpayers.

I began working in the Franklin Township Assessor’s Office in 1985. In 1999 I was elected township assessor. During my tenure I have been president of the Indiana Assessor Association, Inc. (IAAI), co-education director and personal property instructor. I have organized numerous conferences for 800+ participants and worked with the legislature on assessing issues.

Knowledge and education are vital in the operation of the assessor’s office. This year Indiana implemented the Level III Certified Assessor – Appraiser certification. I was awarded mine on January 26, 2010.

This past fall I received calls from several community leaders and a number of Marion County residents urging me to seek the office of Marion County Assessor. After prayerful consideration and family discussions, I decided to accept this challenge. The May primary awarded me the endorsement of the Marion County Republicans.

I have been actively involved in civic and political issues for over thirty years. I’ve served on the Franklin Township Advisory Board, Civic League, Positive Growth Committee, and as a consultant to the Franklin Township Economical Development Committee and the Comprehensive Plan Citizens Advisory Committee, to name a few.

I am excited by the opportunity I might have to correct the property tax problems, but before I can serve I must conduct a very aggressive campaign. It will take a strong and dedicated grass roots organization for me to be successful in this election. With thousands of brochures to purchase, hundreds of yard signs to order, and scores of radio ads to buy, I will need your help.

Your contribution, made payable to “Elect Becky Williams” will help to bring experience, dedication and knowledge to the office of Marion County Assessor. No amount is too small, since small donations can add up quickly. In addition, if you would like to help my campaign by distributing yard signs, making phone calls, knocking on doors, or other volunteer activities, your help would be greatly appreciated. Call me at 317-446-0673 or send me an e-mail at beckywilliams1@comcast.net to volunteer.

Let’s work together to correct the property tax problems once and for all! Please help me in my journey to restore common sense, dedication, customer service, and equitable assessments to the Marion County Assessor’s Office. Thank you in advance for your encouragement, generous support and prayers!

Sincerely,

Becky Williams

No comments: