"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CIVICS - Are you more knowledeable than a college prof?

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from 2008 survey)


Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen?

The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

This is not an easy test and can be quite humbling.
http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/resources/quiz.aspx

Hat Tip: To activist Penny Bigelow!

6 comments:

M Theory said...

I scored a surprising 81.82%. Not bad for a girl that didn't complete college and has an average IQ although I did think I would score over 90%.

But what does that say about college professors in America?

M Theory said...

If you want, post your scores here in the comments. I'm curious how Indy citizens compare.

Anonymous said...

I got an 85%, but was disappointed in my score.

I think the Libertarians should score very well, especially those who have been studying the Constitution, etc.

Anonymous said...

I scored 85%. A couple of my missed answers I should have gotten. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

90.91%- but I owe some of it to Melyssa, A. Horning, Abdul, President Obama, and other influences that have shamed or frightened me to more involvement.

I've got a BA & unsuccessfully tried to test out of basic PoliSci in college. Blew the Puritans question, the quote from Jefferson instead of Washington, and can't remember the third.

Good test.

Unigov said...

"You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %"

I credit past preparation for being on the Brain Game !