"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"

"The Official Portrait of Miss InDiana"
aka "Miss Victory"

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Defending the Constitution

The US Army oath for officers states this: "…I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter…"

It's time to do just that.

1 comment:

speeddemon0117 said...

I have read your piece on military officers and the oath they take to uphold the Constitution and would completely agree. Unfortunately, the Christian Right has been attempting to wipe out the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Fundamentalists care nothing about the rights of others.

Blog of a discontented conforming non-conformist